The National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) was established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) at Hyderabad, in 1976, to address issues related to agricultural research and education management. In the initial years, the Academy primarily imparted foundation training to the new entrants of the Agricultural Research Service of ICAR. Subsequently, its role expanded to include research, capacity building of senior professionals of national and international NARS in agricultural research and education management, and policy and consultancy support to NARS.
The Academy also renders services for building IP portfolios like patents and geographical indications to various stakeholders including farmers and scientists. Keeping in view the increasing national and global need to integrate agriculture with agribusiness for raising rural incomes, and the increased emphasis on the creation, dissemination, application and exchange of knowledge in this vital area, the Academy has recently initiated post graduate education programmes and set up an Agribusiness Knowledge Centre.
- Dates for GD & PI for PGDMA admission: 26th to 29th April 2017. The candidate-wise schedule will be communicated soon.
- Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member (Agri), NITI Aayog calls upon agricultural researchers to work towards doubling farmers’ income
- NAARM Staff sensitized on Government e-Market (GeM)
- “National Review cum Sensitization Workshop of Farmer FIRST Programme (FFP)” from 18th to 19th March 2017 at ICAR- NAARM
- Last Date of Receipt of PGDMA ONLINE Application is 31st March 2017