Dr. (Mrs.) R. Kalpana Sastry
Phd (IARI) ; PG Diploma in Patent Laws from National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), India.BSc Hons. (Botany); M.Sc (Myco.&Plant Pathology );
NAARM, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030. Phone (Office): +91-40-24581304
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Kalpana started her career as Scientist at Central Plantation Crops Research Institute (CPCRI), Kasaragod, in 1986. Later she joined Directorate of Oilseeds Research (DOR), Hyderabad, in 1987 and served there for nine years. In 1996 she joined NAARM as Senior Scientist.
Prof. M.G. Narasimham Award for best research paper oration; Indian Phytopathogical Society Gold Medal; Smt. Chandaben Mohanbhai Patel Vasvik Award for Best Women Scientists ; ICAR-AHRD fellowship by FAO; FAO under AGPC program on “Use of experts for technical co-operation among developing countries ; Occasional Lecture Award (OLP) Award under Fulbright Scholar Program OLP, Fulbright Senior Research Fellowship at the international level.
Empanelled member as Scientific Advisors as per Rule 103 of the Patents Rules, 2003;
Fellow of Professional Societies:
1.Indian Society of Oilseeds Research (ISOR);2.Society of Technology Management (STEM)
Areas of Interest:
Area of Interest:
Agricultural innovations, intellectual property and technology management systems; policy issues in agricultural research management
1. V. Nageswara Rao, R. Kalpana Sastry, P. Craufurda, H. Meinke, D. Parsonsc, T.J. Rego, A. Rathore.2014.Cropping systems strategy for effective management of Fusarium wilt in safflower. Field Crops Research. 156 :191–198
2. R. Kalpana Sastry, Anshul Shrivastava and N. H. Rao. 2013. Prospects of Nanotechnology for Enhancing Water and Nutrition Security. Nanobiotechnology in Agriculture and Food. Asian Biotechnology and Development Review. Vol. 15 No. 3 November 2013. Pages 37 to 50.
3. Manoj P. Samuel, R. Kalpana Sastry and R. Venkattakumar. 2014. Status and Prospects of IP Regime in India: Implications for Agricultural Education. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, Vol.19, May 2014, pp.189-201. J262
5. Kalpana Sastry , Anshul Shrivastava and G Venkateshwarlu 2015. Assessment of Current Trends in R&D of Chitin-Based Technologies in Agricultural Production-Consumption Systems using Patent Analytics. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights Vol 20, January 2015, pp 19-38.
6. R. Kalpana Sastry, H. B. Rashmi and N. H. Rao, 2010 Nanotechnology for enhancing food security in India Food Policy Volume 36 (3): 391-400.
7. R. Kalpana Sastry, H.B. Rashmi, Rao N.H and S.M. Ilyas 2010. Integrating Nanotechnology into Agri-Food Systems Research in India: A Conceptual Framework. Technol Forecast Soc Change, 77 (2010) 639–648.
8. R. Kalpana Sastry and C. Chattopadhyay 2003 Development of Fusarium Wilt-resistant Genotypes in Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) European Journal of Plant Pathology 109 (2): 147-151
9. K.K.N. Nambiar, Anil Kumar, R. Kalpana Sastry and Y. Joshi 1989 Seasonal effect on infection by coconut stem bleeding pathogen, Thielaviopsis paradoxa Curr.Sci.58 (1): 34-35. C135
10. Rohini Iyer, H. Moosa and R. Kalpana Sastry 1988 VAM Association in banana Curr. Sci.57 (3): 153-54.
11. R.Kalpana Sastry and P.Manikandan 2002Empowerment of research on agricultural research farms in India: a success story. Outlook in Agriculture 31(4) 253-256
12. N.H.Rao and R.Kalpana Sastry ,2004 Towards a Policy for Management of Intellectual Property in Public Agricultural Research Systems in India Journal of Intellectual Property Rights Vol. 9.May 2004 pp242-259.
13. R. Kalpana Sastry, H. B. Rashmi and N. H. Rao 2010 Nanotechnology patents as R&D indicators for disease management strategies in agriculture. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights. Vol.15(3) 197-205.
14. R. Kalpana Sastry, H. B Rashmi and Jyothi Badri. 2011 Research and Development Perspectives of Transgenic Cotton: Evidence from Patent Landscape Studies Journal of Intellectual Property Rights. Vol.16(2) [March 2011] 139-153 .
15.R. Kalpana Sastry, Anshul Shrivastava and N.H. Rao.2012 Nanotechnology in food processing sector- An Assessment of emerging trends Journal of Food Science & Technology, Springer, October 11, 2012. DOI 10.1007/s13197-012-0873-y.
16. T. Sudhakar Johnson, Jyothi Badri, R. Kalpana Sastry, Anshul Srivastava, P. B. Kavikishore and M. Sujatha2012 Genetic improvement of biofuel plants: Recent progress and patents.Recent Patents on DNA sequences and Genes. Volume 7. Issue 1. Pages 2-12 .