The Academy takes up consultancy projects and services, depending upon the specific needs received from the clientele organizations. The management problems encountered by the NARS institutions form the basis for undertaking consultancy.Besides,some policy issues requiring ICAR and Govt. of India for the effective implementation of various agricultural programmes are carried out as part of the policy support initiatives.
Consultancy services offered by the academy are:
· Educational Planning
· Assessment of Higher Education
· Curriculum design and development
· Assessment of large scale research projects
· Impact assessment of training
· Training needs assessment
· Manpower forecasting
· Development of information systems
· Development of multimedia programmes
· Distance training
· GIS based decision support systems
· Production of Video Programmes
Consultancy services of varied nature were offered by the academy to various government departments, private sector, international organizations and universities. Glimpses of select consultancy services provided by the Academy are mentioned below.
- Livestock Development Information System (LDIS) was developed for the Department of Animal Husbandry, Andhra Pradesh, with sponsorship from the Indo-Swiss Project – Andhra Pradesh.
- Consultancy was offered to the Department for International Development (DFID) of UK, to review and redesign its project on rainfed farming being run by KRIBHCO in the state of Gujarat.
- Under the auspices of AHRD, the Academy took active part in establishment and development of Academic Staff Colleges in SAUs with special focus on curriculum design and development, teaching effectiveness and lesson planning. So far, the Academy has provided support for the development of the Academic Staff Colleges at Rajasthan Agricultural University, CCS Haryana Agricultural University (HAU) and Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU). Through a special Deans Workshop organized by the Academy, useful recommendations for the development of appropriate course curricula in the SAUs emerged.
- Consultancy service was provided to M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai, to critically review and consolidate the achievements made by the UNDP funded Biovillage Demonstration Project in the Union Territory of Pondicherry.
- Consultancy service was provided to MANAGE to orient state level officers regarding the methodology for identification of demand driven research agenda in Assam.
- As a part of the team constituted by DFID to assess the higher education in Andhra Pradesh, consultancy service was provided by the faculty of NAARM with a specific focus on investments on education in terms of gender, equity and private sector role.
- Consultancy services were provided to a number of ICAR institutes in developing video programmes on their activities and accomplishments. The Academy has also prepared 686 short videos (5 to 8 minutes duration) on some basic aspects of agricultural technology management.
- Consultancy services were provided in conducting practical video production to the participants of P.G.Diploma in Agricultural Journalism Training Programme on Agriculture Media Skills for LPT / Regional Kendra Functionaries of Doordarshan, organized by MANAGE.
- Dates for GD & PI for PGDMA admission: 26th to 29th April 2017. The candidate-wise schedule will be communicated soon.
- Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member (Agri), NITI Aayog calls upon agricultural researchers to work towards doubling farmers’ income
- NAARM Staff sensitized on Government e-Market (GeM)
- “National Review cum Sensitization Workshop of Farmer FIRST Programme (FFP)” from 18th to 19th March 2017 at ICAR- NAARM
- Last Date of Receipt of PGDMA ONLINE Application is 31st March 2017